Understand and mitigate the impacts and risks with regards to achievement of the sustainability goals of the organisation.
Communicate the sustainability goals of the organisation.
Keep updated with changes in legislations with regards to the environment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of the Environmental Management System;
- Developing and implementing awareness programs about environmental issues, such as climate change or biodiversity loss and any relevant SDG defined by the organisation;
- Conducting internal audits to ensure company’s compliance with existing and new standards pertaining to environment;
- Analyse and track government policy positions across key topics concerning solid waste, energy, air quality, wastewater;
- Communicating with stakeholders to gather feedback on existing programs, encouraging participation in new initiatives and monitoring program performance and outcomes;
- Contribute to correspondence with local authorities with aspects regarding the environment such as industrial waste audit, environmental monitoring plans where relevant.
Desired Education & Experience:
- Bachelor in Environmental Science or Engineering or equivalent;
- Experience with environmental standards such as ISO 14001 will be an advantage;
- Conversant with MS OFFICE SUITE.
Desired Skills & Traits:
- Communication: The sustainability officer must be able to translate sustainability terms into easy to understand terms so that employees have a good comprehension of the company’s sustainability goals and importance of their respective contribution;
- Leadership: The sustainability officer will often have to work with a team to develop and implement sustainability initiatives;
- Critical thinking: The sustainability officer will have to analyze data, develop strategies and evaluate the success of sustainability initiatives.